Our bath ritual is a sweet and relaxing time in our home. It is a space for my little guy to wind down from the day and enjoy the benefits of warm water and therapeutic herbs. Herbs and salts come alive in warm baths.
In today’s DIY skin care post I am going to share with you my special Calming Baby Tub Tea recipe.
1.T-sacs as seen in the above photo or unbleached coffee filters
3. Small bowl for blending ingredients
4. Mortar and pestle or a clean small food processor or clean coffee grinder.
5. Closure: a stapler or yarn or string or some type of clip.
6. You choice of Herbs and Salts (Organic would be awesome!):
*Pink Himalayan Sea Salt or Epsom salt
7. Organic oatmeal or pre-ground oatmeal flour
8. Essential Oils (Optional)
Have your little one help you! They will love the smell and feel of the herbs in their hands. This recipe is for one calming baby tub tea. You can make more if you would like.
1. Choose your ingredients! This is the fun part and you and your little one can design your own signature tub tea!
2. Grind a few tablespoons of oatmeal to a medium/fine texture. Ground oatmeal easily absorbs into water giving it a milky look and a silky feel.
3. Using a tablespoon have your little one scoop up each ingredient into a bowl.
4. Add a drop of your favorite calming essential oil. For our recipe I used Roman Chamomile, which promotes a general feeling of calmness, softens skin and relieves achy muscles and joints. All wonderful benefits for growing babies and toddlers.
5. Mix up your blend with your spoon while in the bowl.
6. Spoon in (or use your hands as my guy did) your blended herbs, oats, salts and essential oil ingredients into your coffee filter or t-sac.
7. Fold over filter a few times and close by stapling.
8. Right on, check you out! Now go draw a warm bath that your little one is sure to enjoy.
I have been known to make and soak in Calming Mama Tub Tea’s on a regular basis with a nice chilled glass of wine. It’s pretty amazing. So be sure to make an extra tub tea for yourself. It’s important to take care of mama!Benefits of herbs and salts: Lavender Essential Oil– Relaxing and soothes nerves. Roman Chamomile Essential Oil– Promotes a general feeling of calmness softens skin and relieves achy muscles and joints. Pink Himalayan Sea Salt– Purifies and softens skin. If you have hard water adding salts is a great way to soften it. Epsom salts– Stress relieving and improves circulation while softening the skin. Calendula petals– Soothes inflamed and sensitive skin. Safflower petals– Great for rashes and over all skin health. Oatmeal– Softens and moisturizes. Calms and heals problem skin (rashes & eczema) My favorite places to buy quality herbs and salts: If you are local to San Luis Obispo, CA check out The Secret Garden. If you purchase over the Internet check out Mountain Rose Herbs. You can also go to your local natural foods store and pick up the ingredients used in this recipe.
Please let me know in the comment section below how your Calming Baby Tub Tea or Calming Mama Tub Tea turned out.