Welcome to the Festival of Food Carnival. This month, we celebrate Smoothies and Mocktails! Hosted by Diary of a First Child and Hybrid Rasta Mama, you’re welcome to join us next time, or if you have a previously published recipe you’d like to share, add it to the linky below.
I love a protein packed breakfast! It keeps me going all day long. However, I kind of get the summer doldrums when it comes to my standard breakfast fare. Light, refreshing smoothies beckon me.
My favorite breakfast smoothie might sound a tad unusual. But trust me – it is refreshing, delicious and satisfying! To give it a health-packed punch, add in some coconut oil!
Grapefruit Wake-Up Smoothie
- 2 red grapefruits
- 8 large strawberries
- 2 ripe bananas
- 8 ounces organic yogurt (plain works fine but you can add a flavored yogurt if you like your smoothies sweeter)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Juice grapefruit and measure out 1 1/3 cups juice into a blender.
- Add the strawberries and chunks of banana.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients and whirl until smooth.
Makes 4 (8 ounce) servings.
I REALLY love to whip one of these babies up and sit outside and watch the sunrise. And no – I am not up that early by choice. My son however has things to do and games to play!
Please take a moment to visit the blogs of our other Festival of Food participants. The links in this list will be live by the end of the day, as participants are all in different time zones.
- Jennifer at Hybrid Rasta Mama shares 5 “Real Food” Style Simple Syrup Recipes For Mocktails! This collection of homemade simple syrups includes fresh ingredients and no refined sugars. You will fall in love with them all! You can also find Jennifer on Facebook.
- Luschka at Keeper of the Kitchen shares a wonderful Summer Mint Cordial. What is more refreshing than mint in summer? This mint cordial is sure to bring some cool to your summery afternoons. You can also find Luschka on Facebook.
- Sam at Hobo Mama offers a vegan, dairy-free, sweetener-free smoothie with just four natural ingredients that’s sure to refresh both kids and adults. You can also follow Hobo Mama on Facebook.
- Bianca at The Pierogie Mama shares a few delicious smoothies that use avocado as an ingredient. They are toddle friendly too! You can also find Bianca on Facebook.
- Jennifer at True Confessions of a Real Mommy shares Frozen Green Dream which includes her favorite trick for a quick, satisfying smoothie your kids will run for a cup of! You can also find Jennifer on Facebook.
- Lindy at Poppy Soap Company shares an energizing and refreshing morning grapefruit smoothie. You can also find Lindy on Facebook.
Stay connected! Be sure to “Like” the Festival of Food Carnival Facebook page.
Spread the Love: