It’s mulberry season for those of us on the west coast! Mulberries are everywhere and in all shades of purple. My favorite mulberries happen to be white!
Not only are these tree berries scrumptious but they make an amazing body scrub. This is due to their natural makeup. They tend to have ‘crunchier’ seeds that make up each mulberry thus providing incredible exfoliation.
Want to know another perk to adding mulberries into a body scrub. Practitioners of traditional Chinese medicine have used mulberry as a remedy for swelling and redness. This honestly makes it the perfect berry to use on your skin!
Ready for my secret recipe? Its super easy!
Mulberry Body Scrub for Summer
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pureed mulberries
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey, in a pourable state
- In a glass bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
- Mix gently until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into small mason jars.
- You can keep one jar in the shower for three days. Keep any extra in the fridge.
- Apply a small amount of the scrub to your face, armpits, knees, elbows, stomach, back, legs, arms, feet, hands, and everywhere in between.
- Rub it into skin with a gentle circular motion.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
Breath in the new you!