I tried giving up caffeine last year. It wasn’t easy but I made it a couple of days. And then I went back to my old ways.
It isn’t so much a need for the caffeine jolt as it is the taste of coffee. Oh how I love that taste. The smell too. There is something soothing about the smell of coffee brewing.
This time of year, I like to jazz things up a bit and add a pumpkin twist. Yes, there are a lot of recipes out there for pumpkin inspired lattes but I happen to really love how mine turns out. I think you all will like it too. So give it a whirl and let me know what you think!
FYI – this spiced pumpkin latte happens to pair well with a warm shower and my Orange Patchouli Walnut bar!
Spiced Pumpkin Latte
- 4 cups of unsweetened coconut milk (or 2 cans of coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons of natural vanilla extract (I like to use vanilla bean paste as it has a richer flavor)
- 1/2-1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice (or 1/2 tsp cinnamon and a sprinkle of cloves and nutmeg)
- 1 cup of strong coffee or 3/4 cup espresso – you can also sub with a coffee substitute like this or this
- Pour all ingredients into crock pot.
- Use immersion blender or whisk to mix well.
- Turn crock pot on high for 2 hours until hot and flavors are incorporated.
- Serve topped with fresh whip cream is desired.