Long ago and far away I shared an Ingredient Spotlight post which focused on Activated Charcoal. You all gobbled up that information and considering the Anise Bamboo Charcoal is one of my most popular bars, I am not surprised.
Today, I would like to introduce you to Anise, the lessor known yet just-as-important ingredient in these bars.
Anise has been used since the middle ages to address a variety of health issues. Obviously my Anise Bamboo Charcoal bar isn’t meant for consumption but that doesn’t meant that the anise can’t work wonders for your skin!
Below you will find a short but important list of 5 things you didn’t know about anise. I think you will see why I choose to add this to my popular acne and problem skin bar!
- The anti-bacterial properties of star anise make it the perfect addition to a bar which is meant for acne prone skin. Acne thrives in an environment ripe with bacteria and anise makes sure to eliminate this host. If you struggle with cystic acne that is always infected, the anise will help clear the infection and reduce the inflammation from the acne.
- Anise is very warming. It awakens the skin, invigorates it, and stimulates the blood flow to the skin which helps with healing.
- Research conducted at The University of Mississippi’s School of Pharmacy evaluated various plant extracts for their resistance to fungus and noted that anise seed was the best at inhibiting both fungal and microbial activity. This makes it a great choice for anyone battling a fungal skin infection or who is prone to candida in general.
- Anise has antiseptic properties which makes it the perfect choice for oily skin. It has drying properties yet remains gentle enough to use multiple times per day.
- Anise isn’t just great for acne prone or oily skin. Nope – it tackles dry and mature skin as well. It is known for its anti-oxidant and anti-wrinkling properties, which makes this a great choice for dry or mature skin.
And there you have it! 5 amazing ways that anise can help your skin! Be sure to pick up a few Anise Bamboo Charcoal bars and see for yourself why they are so amazing!