By now, I am sure you have discovered that I am a bit of a breakfast junkie. I mean, I LOVE breakfast. Really love breakfast. But I struggle with monotony. I have to have variety in the morning otherwise I tend to skip breakfast despite my love for it.
Eggnog is pretty much one of my favorite beverages on earth. I could drink it year round. It is nourishing, has incredible flavor, and is a meal unto itself.
This time of year I like to experiment with eggnog in my breakfast repertoire. While eggnog coffee is divine, I thought I would take it for a spin in the pancake department.
The result? Incredible. This is probably one of my favorite breakfast recipes of all time.
So go on – make yourself a thick stack of these flavor filled pancakes and enjoy a little bit of the holiday season at breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cups flour of your choice or gluten free baking mix (I like to use Bob’s Red Mill in this recipe)
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup egg nog
- 1/2 whole milk, coconut milk, or rice milk (unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 egg
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- Stir together the dry ingredients, then blend in the wet ones until you have a nice thick batter.
- In a greased skillet or frying pan over medium heat, pour in about a quarter cup of batter per pancake (adjust for the size you want). When they start to bubble on top, flip them over until cooked through.
- You can make about 6 big pancakes or 12 small pancakes with this recipe.